73
73
Infinite wealth is not yours, my patient and dusky mother dust!
无量的财富不是你的,我的耐心的微黑的尘土母亲。
You toil to fill the mouths of your children, but food is scarce.
你操劳着来填满你孩子们的嘴,但是粮食是很少的。
The gift of gladness that you have for us is never perfect.
你给我们的欢乐礼物,永远不是完全的。
The toys that you make for your children are fragile.
你给你孩子们做的玩具,是不牢的。
You cannot satisfy all our hungry hopes, but should I desert you for that?
你不能满足我们的一切渴望,但是我能为此就背弃你么?
Your smile which is shadowed with pain is sweet to my eyes.
你的含着痛苦阴影的微笑,对我的眼睛是甜柔的。
Your love which knows not fulfilment is dear to my heart.
你的永不满足的爱,对我的心是亲切的。
From your breast you have fed us with life but not immortality, that is why your eyes are ever wakeful.
从你的胸乳里,你是以生命而不是以不朽来哺育我们,因此你的眼睛永远是警醒的。
For ages you are working with colour and song, yet your heaven is not built, but only its sad suggestion.
你累年积代地用颜色和诗歌来工作,但是你的天堂还没有盖起,仅有天堂的愁苦的意味。
Over your creations of beauty there is the mist of tears.
你的美的创造上蒙着泪雾。
I will pour my songs into your mute heart, and my love into your love.
我将把我的诗歌倾注入你无言的心里,把我的爱倾注入你的爱中。
I will worship you with labour.
我将用劳动来礼拜你。
I have seen your tender face and I love your mournful dust, Mother Earth.
我看见过你的温慈的面庞,我爱你的悲哀的尘土,大地母亲。